Aggressive Defense For Your DUI Case
Being charged with a DUI in Colorado can lead to serious consequences. If you are convicted, you may lose your authorization to drive, have to pay unaffordable insurance premiums, and you may even have to spend time in jail. When your liberty is at stake, you need a serious attorney to aggressively defend you in court. The Law Offices of Sutton & Sutton has forged a reputation as an innovator in the field of DUI defense and is known for going the extra mile to ensure that clients get the best possible results.
Experienced Attorneys Standing Up For Your Rights
Our attorneys work with our clients to find out the whole story, and we keep them informed throughout every step of the process. We do not let law enforcement officers or prosecutors violate your rights. We know that cases can end and sentences can be reduced when there has been police misconduct, so we scrutinize every piece of evidence the police submit in your case to make sure that they followed proper protocols and procedures.
We understand Colorado’s DUI laws, and we are diligent in building defenses that make sense legally, logically and scientifically. We fight the prosecution at every turn to ensure that you are treated with the respect you deserve and that you get the results you desire.
How To Protect Yourself From The Police
If you have been pulled over by the police, don’t let yourself become a victim. By following these six steps, you may be able to avoid more serious legal troubles:
- Do not be intimidated by the police. If you are nervous, police officers may think that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Don’t give them that opportunity. Remaining calm and being polite are good ways to ensure that police officers leave you alone.
- Clean out your glove compartment. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be easily misinterpreted as intoxication. Keeping the glove box or center console neat and clean allows you to swiftly grab your identification and present it to a police officer.
- Do not let the police search your car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI conviction. Do not allow the officer to perform a search without a warrant.
- Take the sobriety test. Many DUI defendants have been found not guilty due to a malfunctioning Breathalyzer or an improperly administered blood or urine test.
- Get a blood test after release. Alcohol detection devices can be unreliable and malfunction. Don’t go to jail because of a broken machine. It’s a good idea to measure your BAC (blood alcohol concentration) with a blood test after arrest. At trial, your attorney can use that evidence to raise possible defenses.
- Contact a DUI attorney immediately.
Don’t Let The Police Take Your Future Away From You
If you have been arrested for drunk driving, you need a strong DUI/DWI defense lawyer who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call The Law Offices of Sutton & Sutton in Arvana today at 720-281-0816 or contact us online to set up a consultation.